About Historic Johnson Farm
A former boarding farm and tourist retreat, Historic Johnson Farm was donated to the Henderson County Public Schools by the late Vernon and Leander Johnson. The Johnson Brothers envisioned a heritage education site dedicated to children and the community. Over the years many people have worked to make their dream a reality. The farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been designated a NC Cultural Treasure. The grounds include the oldest brick home in Henderson County, 11 historic structures, animals, nature trails, picnic tables, and 15 acres of forests, fields and streams. The Heritage Weavers and Fiber Artists currently occupy the former 1920’s boarding house. They help with school field trips, teach fiber arts classes and offer a summer camp for kids. Hundreds of children visit the farm for school field trips. Visitors come from far and wide to tour the farm and take part in festive events throughout the year.